Friday, August 13, 2010

My First Foreign Country Part 3

So the third full day of the trip was smiliar to the other days; hot, humid, and packed with lots to do. We survived the past 2 and a half days with the little Japanese we know so we figured we should be okay for the rest of the trip. Lawrence prepared and studied a lot and I had a few phrases written down and a Japanese travelguide phrasebook on my Ipod Touch. And according to said phrasebook, "These are not my drugs" is a vital phrase to know. I mean you never know when a crazy druggie is being chased by the police with drug-sniffing hounds decides to ditch his hardcore badass drugs, like extra strength tylenol, into your opened bag and the hounds sniff them out and the Japanese police starts interrogating you. You just can't leave that to chance. Luckily for me and you (just in case you ever visit Japan and also just for fun), I memorized that phrase and would like you help prepare you guys as well. It's: "sono dolaggu watashino dewa alimasen." And he phrasebook failed to have any phrases of possible explanations because obviously the police would believe you 100% and ask no follow-up questions whatsoever.

Osaka Castle


The night before we decided to change things up a bit. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing and planned to visit Kobe. Originally we were going to just check out Osaka because our bus to Tokyo was in Osaka and want to stay close but because we already saw so much in Osaka we decded to just go to Osaka Castle and then go to KOBE!


Entrance to the Osaka Castle area.






Entrance to the Osaka Castle.




The Osaka Castle.


Inside the castle was a museum. An ACed museum!










That used to be the Museum of Kyoto but it moved to a better building I think.


Then it was off to...


KOBE

Kobe (which surprisingly isn't pronounced like Kobe Bryant) is west of Osaka and famous for the oh so delicous and tender yet disgustingly expensive Kobe Beef. The place itself looks pretty expensive. There were many foreign luxury cars (by the way they drive on the left side of the street and the driver seat is on the right side of the car like in England) and just had a western feel to it.








The city is also famous for western-style houses.






I forget but I think this is an Australian or German style house.


There was a photoshoot with a real model...in the hot and humid weather.




I'm not sure but I THINK that's a Denmark style house.




For lunch I had a meal set. Zaru Soba and a varitey of sushi.








And me and Lawrence shared some KOBE BEEF!!! It was 10000 yen for that small piece. Crazy right? But when in Rome, do as the Romans do.




SIKE! haha Okay that wasn't KOBE BEEF. It was ordinary beef in Kobe. Sad right? haha But seriously I don't think even Japanese ordinary Japanese people eat that fat covered lump of gold for that price! C'mon, I'm no baller. In fact, I'm the opposite of a baller, I'm a Rellab~ZING! haha






Next we visited Chinatown.










I found the closest thing to General Tso/Sesame Chicken I could find in Asia. It was okay.




Dang this guy was everywhere. He must be famous or something.


No idea what the name of this garden was. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful garden and ended up being one of my favorite places that we visited. AND the nice people lent us hand fans~score!




















































































Next was a traditional Chinese temple. According to Lawrence, who lived in China for a year, said this temple is inaccurate because it's too clean haha.

















































We had dinner at this gyūdon (beef bowl) chain restaurant called Yoshinoya.














And the final picture of this post is inside our bus to....
TOKYO!

No comments:

Post a Comment