Saturday, August 14, 2010

My First Foreign Country Final Part

So this is my final post for my trip to Japan. This post will include BOTH the final full day and the last official day in Japan. Once again please excuse my English!
TOKYO
The first couple of days in the Osaka area I went to many traditonal/historic places. The days were jam-packed with these places. The few days spent in Tokyo were in cities and more relaxed. On the final full day we met up with some of Lawrences Japanese friends (who are really awesome and nice people) and they showed us around.
First stop was Harajuku located in the north western part of Tokyo.






Good cheap food here.


Cold Udon!

Deep fried thingy.
The sweet rice ball thingy.













These are flashdrives.
So are theses.
Mickey Mouse? There were actually other famous characters that had this weird face on it.

This store had a lot of nice things.









Saw this crazy looking guy. How come the NYC wackos aren't as friendly?







They close off the streets to cars during certain times of the day so that pedestrian can walk freely.











This was Shibuya. I found out that Kara had a performance on the streets there...after I came back. Just my luck.





Kim Yuna!






So many people in Tokyo that the sidewalks are just not enough to hold all those Japanese shoppers.


Then we had (an expensive) dinner at this samurai restaurant.

Before we entered our booth, they had like a 10 second mini performance with swords, enthusiastic showmanship, and weak grunting.
Sake!
Sidedish!
Some kind of fish!
Chicken on a stick!
Fried shrimp ceasar salad!
Broth! Brown = Soy Sauce based and Orange = Kimchi based

Pork, chicken, mushrooms, and other vegges!







It was really good. Afterwards we put in ramen noodles!
Then we went to this sky scrapper. I think it's the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building.



View from the building.

They had this at the gift shop. It looks like he should be saying "Oh no you DI'INT!"
Last stop was this coffee shop? place for dessert!
This beautiful thing was my dessert! I thought from all the walking and sweating I did in the hot sun would make me lose some weight, but I realized because I stuffed my face with delicious yet fattening food like this I actually gained weight. COOL!


That was our final night in JAPAN! =(
The Final Day
The last day we roamed around the area of our hostel. We saw people filming in the area.
I thought maybe I should casually try to get on camera, like pretend to buy something or ask the shop owner if I could use the bathroom or something, but didn't think I could be as slick Will and Tyriq were trying to get in Bell Biv DeVoe's video.
After that we ate breakfast, packed up, headed to the airport, and then flew back to Korea. It was a hectic and exhausting trip but a great experience. I swore off traveling to other countries but maybe I'll have a change of heart. I've been to NYC (haha), Seoul, and Tokyo. Maybe Paris next...? Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment