Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Trip to GangWonDo

Gangwon is one of the provinces of Korea, located in the northern east region. I went there with my co-teacher and her family around late January. It was a 2 day 1 night trip. We stayed at a resort which was pretty nice.
-
The first place we went to I did not have my camera with me so the second place was the Summerhouse of Kim Jong Il's daddy, Kim Il Sung (김일성).







The view from his vacation home.





That's my co-teacher Jung Yeh Sook (정예숙) in the middle. Her husband to her right. She actually won't be my co-teacher any longer because teachers in Korea are put in a rotation. Teachers can only stay with one school for 4-5 years, and then off to another. This is so because they feel teachers will become to comfortable and start slacking or something like that...I will miss her.
That is her son.
Next is the Summerhouse of the first President of Korea, Lee Seung Man (이승만).
His wife was a foreigner.





He studied abroad.



Next is the tour of the area of the DMZ. We didn't go to the actual DMZ line.




That's a view of North Korea.




Next is the Korean War Exhibition Hall.









The outfit for future little soldiers of Korea!



625 is June 25th is the day the Korean Wat began.


Next is Kunbongsa Temple.








Haha look at his little face.
We had dinner at a seafood place.

You can pick out fresh seafood and have them cut if for you there.

The place was packed!
Next is Yeonggeumjeong Pavilion.







The last day we went to Seoraksan.













It was a really beautiful mountain and I plan to go back when the weather gets better.



It was a fun trip all in all.

1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHHAHAHAH
    my favorite picture: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bLJ1lqtLsKU/S4IxX5yReeI/AAAAAAAAB1c/R80vryj2lWQ/s400/DSC00921.JPG

    LOLOLOLOLOLOL. idk why it's so funny... it just IS.
    your pictures came out nice! too bad you didnt get to go to the dmz line though. ive been to korea a couple of times but i never did the touristy things that i should've done at least one (besides jeju)
    and i thought your coteacher would be a nice young lady but, of course, you let me down with a nice old lady. hahaha just keeding
    hope you had great conversations with the son though. you guys dont look like you really enjoy each others' company, esp judging from the picture i just linked you AHAH

    ReplyDelete