Monday, February 1, 2010

My Jeju Trip Part III

Finally, the last day of my trip to Jeju. I'm sure you are all getting bored reading about Jeju like I am bored posting about it haha. So the last day was just as eventful as the other days.
-
The first stop was at the botanical garden. This wasn't as exciting but I thought it was because I was looking at plants and flowers and animals in JEJU!











I'm like 99.24% sure all the pictures I took of the lizards were of different species.

Britney's snake.












This was the entrance to the much anticipated LAVA TUBE!!! I was very excited and then...
...I found out it's basically a cave. It wasn't exciting anymore.












Now I know where my parents got the name for my dog 나리. Thinking about it now, I could have just asked...but I guess finding out this way is nice.











The ostrich is one dirty and ugly looking bird haha.








Next on the stop is a cliff. Sorry guys for not remembering the names of these places.











It was very beautiful. To think, it's probably would have been even more beautiful on a nice sunny spring or summer day.
This is a picture of Love Land. This picture is the only G-rated thing there was. Everything else, from door handles to 50 feet statues, were all 18 and older haha.
Okay now this is the "Mysterious Road!!!" In a nutshell, the road looks uphill but it's actually downhill. Personally, the road looked niether up or down hill to me. I guess it looked kind of uphill. Regardless of my inability to differentiate up from down, there was something unique about this road. After several minutes of me awkwardly bending over to try to see if the road was uphill or not, I saw demontrations.
This man (or lady?) was placing a bottle on the road and seeing which way it rolled. There was one person who really wanted to know, and whipped out a level haha.

Now the car demos were more helpful. Basically what they do is start at that point you see in the above picture. They turn off their engine and put the car in neutral. Now with my expert level of car knowledge combined with my even more experties on natural laws of physics, the motor vehicle MUST move towards downhill because of one of Sir Issac Newton's laws. Because of some mombo jombo thing called gravity, the car's engine does not need to be on to move. Okay so enough with my blabbing and watch for yourselves. You will see that big bus moving towards me, and then at the end, the driver turns on the engine!!!

Scary stuff right?!?!?!?!...not quite. From careful analysis and proper application of the quadradic formula, I have concluded that it is merely a mirage. The scenery on the sides of the road are made to look like it is uphill, when in fact, it is downhill. Or that's at least what the tour guide told us.

And I conclude this post with this picture. As you may have forgotten because of the many post of Jeju, this was my Christmas trip. I came back home to 증평 to a white Christmas. It was actually after Christmas, but still. =D

1 comment:

  1. ahah i like your cave picture.
    you mustve really enjoyed the love museum or whatevs esppp since it was not G-rated :D aha just keeding
    didnt the diff plants, rocks, and animals get boring after a while?
    your last day seems low key compared to the other days...

    ReplyDelete