Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Trip to Jeju Island Part 1

So I tried making just one huge post for my trip to Jeju but because there are so many photos, there was massive amount of lag. And because I don't want to deprive all of you guys of my wonderful picture taking skills, I didn't cut any pictures out. Therefore, I will be making 3 different post. This post is of pictures on Christmas Eve in Seoul and Christmas and my first day at Jeju. The second and third post will be of day 2 and day 3 of my Jeju trip, respectively.
-
I had to be at Gimpo Airport in Seoul at 7am so me and my town-mate and good buddy Lawrence (who actually told me about this trip) decided to head up to Seoul on Christmas Eve and spend the night at a hostel.

It was my first time at a hostel and it wasn't bad. Good first time experience.
We went to get dinner and the streets were packed. And I mean disgustingly packed haha.
This ones for all the Hello Kitty fans.

That's Lawrence and a Santa we saw in the streets. Notice, the Santa looks jolly and upbeat.

Like I said earlier, disgustingly packed. As I was pushing through the mass I thought of an episode of The Office and something Dwight said. He said (and I looked up the quote for accuracy), "There's too many people on this earth. We need a new plague." haha
Also, while we were enjoying our Mexican food dinner, another foreigner who works for a radio station in Seoul interviewed us for a segment he had on his show. So basically...I'm pretty famous now haha. I should have advertised my blog!

Apparently they only have one these restaurants in a country.

Haha sadly and I'm not sure why it was, but this was the best part of my night. On our way back, that jolly and upbeat Santa looked all sad and depressed. He was just sitting there looking so down haha. I don't know why that's funny either, but it was haha.
That was my Christmas Eve. Nothing too special.
-
The next morning we got a taxi and went to the airport.

As you can see out the window, it didn't look all too sunny. Sadly, this was the case for the rest of the trip.
As excited as I was to be heading to JEJU ISLAND, a part of me was wishing that the plane ride would be 14 hours long and I'd be arriving at JFK Airport. =(
So I arrived and saw these palm trees which made me feel like I arrived in Hawaii haha.

Some hiking.



Me and Lawrence.














I took this picture because the tour guides were counting to see if we were all on the bus and it reminded me of my part time job over the summer at CCB when we did head counts on the little kids.
Now this was the famous Jeju Island black pork. It didn't taste all that different.
I'm not sure if they still do now or it was just back then, but they say the reason why these pigs are so much tastier is because all they feed the pigs are poop. Yes, poop. Then I kind of zoned out when they were explaining why feeding them nothing but crap made them taste so much better.
This was the trick art museum. It was a lot of fun.


Psssh let's see Greg, Rob, or Danny catch something that big haha.
Then we rode ponies! My little pony!
I named my pony Sasha.
Sasha must have eaten something really bad before I rode her, because she was crapping while we were riding. I obviously couldn't see but the people behind me were like "uh, Charlie your horse is crapping." haha
And this is another museum we went to where they showed small action figure type of things about Korea's history I think.
-
So that was day one.

2 comments:

  1. dude, it's terrible that you found that santa's depression funny!!!
    aha
    i wish your pony went a bit faster so it could throw you off or smthing. i was holding on my jeju horse for dear life. maybe the pony just COULDNT cause youre too heavy. oh snaps!!!
    kidding.
    looks like fun although you look like a loser in all your pics. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie, why does ur blog make me so happy? hahah...

    ReplyDelete